Elder Harmon's version of the flu epidemic
You may have heard about the big flu epidemic that went through the
MTC earlier this week It was in the newspaper, they said. We woke up new years
morning and there were a bunch of people that had been throwing up during the
night. They made it sound super bad in the newspaper like "hundreds of
missionaries hospitalized" but really it was just the stomach flu. I was
fine though because I'm so healthy and take multivitamins every day.
I love you all,
Elder Schyler Harmon
Sestra Sorensen's version of the "Zombie Apocalypse"
There was a huge outbreak of some illness that began on New Year's day. There were emergency announcements about not shaking hands or touching anyone, people had to be taken to the medical centers off campus, they canceled the fireside that night because of so many sick people. Elder B & Harmon had a special zone leader meeting about it, and they came back and Elder Harmon told us, "Yep, it's definitely a zombie virus. Each district has been issued one firearm and Elder S is in charge of ours!" It was pretty hilarious. The best part was that there could have been a zombie apocalypse in the outside world and we wouldn't have a clue. The MTC is its own little bubble within the bubble!More from Sestra Sorensen's blog
We've got 2 weeks left in the MTC and as soon as we get our itineraries we'll be counting down the hours! The MTC is an awesome place and I've loved it here, but we're all getting a little antsy to get out to the field and actually fulfill our purpose as missionaries and teach people. Our district is noticing that we are getting weirder and weirder the longer we stay here. Marcy (my friend from BYU who works in IT at the MTC) came and ate lunch with my district today, and she says I'm going to be even more awkward in 18 months than I was before my mission. I know, I didn't think that was possible either.
No comments:
Post a Comment