Monday, November 26, 2012
November 26th, 2012
Elder Holland came and spoke in the morning and it was really good. Later in the afternoon we did a big service project putting together 10,000 health and education kits for people in Mali Africa.
The thanksgiving dinner wasn't to bad compared to most of the other meals here, but it wasn't as good as a home cooked one. I can't wait till I can have non caffeteria food again. The treats were great! More might be nice, but we already have tons of candy and stuff and I'm affraid I'm going to get diabetes. My companion has gotten a package almost every day (mostly from his mom) with some kind of treat in it. The dear elder letters work great.
Being a zone leader pretty much means I'm the person right below the branch presidency. I'm supposed to take care of all problems and stuff with missionaries in our branch unless it's serious enough that the branch president has to. Also could you send us some kind of Christmas colored fabric that we can make ties out of? It can't have any symbols or pictures and it would work best if it's pretty thick, as weird and ugly as possible is good to. Jamie and Ian might be able to help you find something good. Anyway, I love you guys and I'm doing great. I'll be sending Austin Aubrey and Jessica letters in the mail.
From the same day, different email.
I've actually been doing pretty good with running, there is a kid in my district, Elder Blackburn, from california that ran in high school and was about the same speed as me, and also Elder Merl in our district who is from Austria and ran triathalons and stuff. We run around the track and do bike workouts and stuff during gym time. The MTC is pretty great. Before I left I thought that I was going to stay relatively normal and wouldn't be that much weirder than I already was when I got back. I was definitely wrong. All the guys in my district are really weird and fun. Hopefully later I can send you some pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment