Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Surprise Christmas email



So, this morning we were informed that we would have 20 minutes to email today. I think they didn't tell us because they wanted it to be a surprise for our parents and because they didn't want to have a planned chat or anything. They just encouraged us to talk about our spiritual experiences. Elder Russel M. Nelson came for the devotional this morning, it was awesome. I really liked all the gifts you gave me and we've been having a great time opening presents with everyone. No offense to you guys, but there is no other place I'd rather be than here right now.
 
6 weeks ago, when I came here on a mission, I knew all about the gospel principles.  I had felt the spirit often, and believed the church was true. I had a pretty good testimony of the gospel. But in the past month, my knowledge, understanding and testimony of the gospel has grown 10x more than in the last 19 years of my life. Things I knew about, I now know.  I understood all of the many principles of the gospel but didn't know the importance, depth and strength of the most basic truths. God is our Heavenly Father and he loves us. Christ is our savior and redeemer, he performed the atonement for us, and in return all he asks is that we have faith in him, and relying on him we can repent and change our lives, and truly turn away from our sins. We must always try our best to keep or lives facing toward him. God loves us and has a plan for us that is designed to help us be truly happy.  we must always try not to forget God's love for us and Christ's atonement. remember that the the real purpose of all church callings or positions should be to help others and bring them closer to Christ.
 
I hope you all feel Christ's love this Christmas, I love you.



Here are some pictures of us at the temple on Christmas.
This is our district and the Czech/Slovak district.
 
Our district are all wearing our matching ties


Here we have S. wearing his America shirt
 
Elder G. (one of the Czech elders) pretending to be Santa



 

No comments:

Post a Comment