Monday, April 8, 2013

The Islands


The water driving to Sveti Marko, it was super windy.
Cool little harbor on Krk near where we got on the ferry.

The little town on Cres.
This week was way good! I'm glad you all had a great time down in the southern Utah and stuff, I kind of miss the cool Utah rocks, but not too much because there is tons of way cool stuff to look at here. This week we did a lot of legal stuff. We spent a lot time at the MUP (police station) and the Health Insurance Office, but I finally got a visa and registered for health insurance (because they have socialized health insurance everyone, including us, have to pay for it). We also spent most of a day driving the portable baptisimal font up to Karlovac for M's baptism. 
     We watched the Saturday morning session of conference live (at 6.00 pm here), and then we watched Saturday afternoon recorded on Sunday morning at 10.00. They had the Sunday morning session live at 6:00 pm again, but we didn't watch because we were out on the Islands! The day before I got here they baptized an awesome guy named E... He lives out on Mali Lošinj (you can google maps that). It takes about 4 hours to get out there, so he can't make it to Rijeka to go to church and stuff. There is another member family, D.. (who is an Elder), his wife T.., and his 12 year old son I.. (who we're planning on giving the Aaronic priesthood soon) who live on the island Cres. Right after the session ended at 12:00 we drove over the islands Sveti Marko and Krk and then got on a ferry to Cres.
We visited D's family and set up for them to have a group in their home where them and E can have the sacrament every week. It was way cool, D.. is way awesome and a good branch missionary out on the island. Then we drove out to Lošinj and visited E.. and had the sacrament with him out there and then we walked around the island a little with him. The whole trip was awesome, the islands are super cool and beautiful.
     The 2 sessions of conference I've seen so far were both in Croatian, but I understood most all of it. It's kind of hard to remember exactly what they talked about though, I have kind of the same problem you have when interpreting, I understand it, but it's hard to remember after though. I did get the theme of strengthening our testimonies and in our families and stuff though. 
     We had some pretty great other stuff that happened this week too. We met some cool people tracting that are now investigating. One of them was actually taught back in the 90's and said that they told him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, and he did, and he received the answer that it was true. So that man's going to get baptized.

Tell the kids to keep being awesome, and that I love their letters every week. I love you guys.
Schyler

Me touching the Adriatic (on Cres) 

Elder Scirkovich looking happy on the beach (on Cres) 

The cool beach on Cres

No comments:

Post a Comment