Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sretan Rođendan!!


     Happy birthday to Mom! (sretan rođendan is Croatian). I hope your outlandish birthday party is great and filled with all manner of outlandish celebratory shenanigans.
     I think it's pretty funny that you talked to Sestra Sorenson's mom. You'll probably get info from her about what goes on around the mission because I'm sure Sister Sorenson gives a lot more information. 
     This week has been pretty good. On Wednesday Elder Širković was throwing up a bunch in the morning, so that put us out for a good part of the day, but we've still been doing lots of stuff. Last week I twisted my ankle on our morning run going down some sketchy stone steps in a park. It hurt to walk on for a couple days but I bought an ACE wrap to put on it and stuff, and I'm just a man and didn't care. We don't actually have a car. The senior couple, the Babbels have a car, and sometimes they drive us around, or if we really need it they let us borrow it, but most of the time we just walk and take buses everywhere.
    On Wednesday, President Rowe came down for some stuff, and he came with us on a lesson afterwards. The lesson was with this guy named D.. who has been coming to English classes for a long time and has been taught all of the lessons like 3 or 4 times by, different missionaries. On Wednesday night we started talking about why he has never been baptized, he just kind of pulled the"I believe in god and keep all of the commandments and try to be a good person I don't see why I need to be baptized". President Rowe straight up just said "you say you're keeping all of the commandments, but you're not because you haven't been baptized". We really learned from President that we need to be bold. Sometimes we think that we'll just slowly "friend" people into the gospel, and that they'll just somehow decide they want to join the church. We need to have more confidence in our message. We have the the true gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't need to try to use subtlety. We have the gift of the Holy Ghost and the power of the priesthood. We need to be bold and direct with declaring the gospel.
I hope you have a good mom's birthday today. Also could you send me Parker's missionary email address? Also could you facebook Reed or something and get his email address too? 

I love you guys, be good to each other.
Schyler

No comments:

Post a Comment