Monday, June 10, 2013

New Zealand Night


This week we had a pretty good week. We have a goal to invite 10,000 people to church as a mission this month, which means we need to invite 10-11 people per day per companionship. It's a pretty hard goal, and we didn't quite make this week, but it's really been great to make us stretch and get out of our comfort zone. We had a bunch of great stuff happen this week. We went on exchanges with the AP's and it was really good. We also had a "mission leadership council" on Friday, where all of the Zone leaders and the new Sister-Leader-Trainers (or something like that) met together and discussed mission goals and stuff we want to focus on this month. It was really awesome and got us all really pumped up, and we set some pretty hefty zone goals for this month. This month (in addition to the inviting to church thing) we  really need to pick up on our finding and getting new investigators, and also we are going to focus on finding when we teach, and teaching when we find. Tomorrow, at the Zone conference Elder Širković and I are teaching a thing on teaching with the Book of Mormon. This week on Thursday Elder Širković put on a "New Zealand Night" for Aktivnost. We had a little bar-b-que and had a little New Zealand facts quiz and learned about the history of the church in New Zealand. Then we had some New Zealand dessert called Pavalova, you should look that up on the internet or something and make it, because it's freaking delicious. Then we watched some videos of guys doing the Haka, but not like whimpy forever strong Haka, like Maori guys with war paint and stuff. A lot of people came to that activity night and it was really fun. It's also been starting to feel more summery here, yesterday I was sweatin up a rainstorm. Also, the editor and photographer from the Idaho Falls newspaper came and were doing a story on the Babbels. The photographer guy took like 8 billion pictures of everything. If you can somehow get a hold of a Idaho Falls newspaper, there might be a picture of me in it.
I had almost forgotten about the good ole' Keith Young memorial 5k. Maybe if they have a Clydesdale division when I get back I can win that, seeing as I'm now about 200 pounds.

I love you guys, keep being good, and keep sending goofy pictures of you guys. See ya next week!

Schyler

No comments:

Post a Comment