Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cold and Rainy in Plitvica

So, we got to Plitvica, and it was a little cloudy. By the time everyone made it there and we all got together, and started actually going down to the lakes, it started drizzling a little. 10 minutes later when we were actually down in the lake parts, it was pouring. Half of the missionaries (me included of course) didn't have umbrellas or anything. Most of us were just wearing T-shirts and shorts. So I was totally soaked after a few minutes. It ended up being a very cold and short activity. I still got some pretty cool pictures of the rainy park and some caves there and stuff.



Me getting quite wet.

Sheltering in a cave

View from up in the caves


Other stuff this week, we had our big grand open house for our new church building, I didn't get any pictures, but I'll find some for you next week. There were at least 70 people there, so it was pretty good. We had quite a few non members there, and Sunday, at church, a few of them came to sacrament meeting. There were some people that we've met and started teaching, but I'll tell you more next week. Right now I'm on an exchange in the city of Zadar, and we weren't really given that much time for emailing so I have to wrap it up pretty soon. I got the package on Saturday! Some people from Zagreb came down for the open house and gave it to me. I didn't open up all of the letters and stuff yet, because I'm going to save that for my birthday. N___e was super pumped about the American pencils, she was just freaking out and telling me how happy she was for like 2 hours, so thank you guys a ton for that. She was probably more happy about me getting the package than I was.
I love you all,

Schyler

No comments:

Post a Comment